The building that houses the School of Architecture of the University of the Republic stands out for its imposing and austerely decorated façade, its broad flight of steps leading to the main hall, and its central courtyard with a pond and an amphitheater. Classrooms are laid out in galleries surrounding the courtyard. Its architectural design and the furnishings in the second-floor library are particularly noteworthy.
PARQUE RODÓ. Bulevar General Artigas 1031 on the corner of bulevar España
The building was designed by architects R. Fresnedo Siri and M. Muccinelli in 1938 and was inaugurated in 1946.
Interior and exterior shots. Classrooms when lectures are not in progress.
School of Architecture’s academic aides. Phone: 24001106