An imposing building located at the far end of avenida Libertador Brig. Gral. J. A. Lavalleja, it is the seat of Uruguay’s Parliament. Its outer walls are covered in different types of marble and a wide flight of steps leads up to the main façade. In addition to their ornamental purpose, these elements are endowed with a semantic significance that represents the democratic functions of the building.
AGUADA. Avenida de las Leyes s/n
It is the work of architect V. Meano and dates back to 1903. It was adapted by architect Vázquez Varela and the decorative elements are the work of architect G. Mortetti. Engineers J. Debernardis and M. Debernardis were responsible for its construction. The building was inaugurated in 1925.
Montevideo Locations Office