A building belonging to the municipality which was planned as a market for the sale of agricultural produce.
GOES. Dr. José L. Terra and Dr. Juan J. de Amézaga
Architects A. Vázquez and S. Geranio drew the plans in 1905 and the building opened in 1913. The design was inspired in the old Les Halles market in Paris. It features a highly ornamented metal structure.
Interior and exterior shots.
Montevideo Locations Office